Monday, February 18, 2019

Easy Sourdough Sandwich Bread

Okay, this barely qualifies as a post.

Because this recipe is not mine, and I have made no modifications to it. I just use it as-is from kitchn.com.

So....


Here is the link...

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-beginner-sourdough-sandwich-loaf-recipes-from-the-kitchn-48192


It is a great loaf for sandwiches. My personal favorite is ham and pepperoni. Add some mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle, a few banana peppers.

Very tasty. I  have been told sourdough keeps longer than other breads, due to the slightly higher acidity. I really wouldn't know though, The first loaf is usually gone the Day I bake it, the second loaf is gone the day after.

I have done this loaf artisan style (i.e. This recipe, using the Dutch oven to bake.) It is no match for the Artisan sourdough recipe. Does take considerably less time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment