Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chicken Tomato Cabbage Soup

I invented a new soup tonight. I kinda made it up as I went, so I am trying to recall the ingredients after the fact, but here goes.

Chicken Tomato Cabbage Soup



2 lbs chicken breast, cut into pieces (about 1/2" to 3/4" cubes).
1 onion, chopped
4 or 5 carrots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 or 6 medium tomatoes, diced
32 oz chicken stock or broth
1 read bell pepper
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp thyme
1 Tbsp celery Seed (I would have used celery instead, but I didn't have any)
1 bay leaf
olive oil

Fry the chicken in 1 Tbsp of olive oil.

In a stock pot, saute the onion, carrots and garlic in a Tbsp of olive oil, just until the onions are beginning to go transparent.

Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, thyme, celery seed and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat. Let simmer approximately 5 minutes.

Add the chicken, bell pepper, and cabbage. Continue to simmer until the cabbage and pepper are softened a bit.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment