Monday, March 14, 2022

MissTaken



An arm at her throat cut off her scream, and her captor’s sinister voice broke into her mind . . .
Jessica Hansen, a small town, farm girl, is persuaded by her friends to go to Mexico for spring break.
An encounter with some local boys at a club leads to them being drugged and abducted.
Taking advantage of good fortune and quick wits, Jessica manages to escape. But …
Can she stay free and survive in the wilderness of a foreign country? Is she able to navigate the treacherous terrain, and dangerous wildlife?
Can she outwit the relentless traffickers?
Will She find a safe way home?
And what about her friends?


Hi, and thanks for checking out my first published book. Please consider sharing this link with your friends.

My  author page on amazon: https://amazon.com/author/ecphilips  (You can find the book for purchase here)

I also have an author page on Goodreads

This link gives a bit of backstory--How this book came to be.


And below are links to the first eleven chapters:

MissTaken

Ch 1

Ch 2

Ch 3

Ch 4 

Ch 5

Ch 6 

Ch 7 

Ch 8 

Ch 9 

Ch 10

Ch 11 



(Please share this with everyone you know. Thanks!)

12 October Update 2: I believe this is the final update on this post: The Paperback is still in review. The eBook has already released, and is available. I have an author page, where the eBook and the paperback are (or will be) accessible. 


12 October Update: I pushed the "publish" button a few moments ago, for both the eBook and the Paperback. It indicated it will take approximately 72 hours for the review to be complete, before it goes live (assuming they don't find anything they want altered). This is soooo exciting!!!!  (I will note, that at that time the Kind eBook status was also "In Review", so maybe it will be faster than 72 hours... *fingers crossed*) 


11 October Update: The proof looks great. I am meeting with my publisher tomorrow to finalize the e-book format and press "publish". I'm not sure how long after that before the Paperback shows up - I would think fairly quickly. They indicated the e-book would be available 72 hours after publishing (So, the 15th?). I will post links here as soon as I have them.

10 October Update: The Proof has arrived! I will try to complete the review today or tomorrow, and get it released, before the end of the week.

3 October Update: The files for paperback have been uploaded to Amazon KDP, and the proof has been requested. The publisher estimates a one-week turnaround for that. So... Maybe two or three weeks to go, and it will be available? 

27 September Update: Front cover is done! Back cover design is in process. I am hopeful I will be able to publish in October. 

23 September Update: Round two of cover edits is underway. I am hoping to make a final decision on cover and get it back before the end of the week (tomorrow). 

18 August Update: Typesetting is back! Hopefully I will get it reviewed and approved be end of next week. I also received draft covers, so that will be underway as well. 

26 July Update: I am a week and a bit late with this update. Typesetting is underway. Not going to make my July goal, but still progressing...

21 May Update: I signed a contract with the UK publisher. We are on our way to published. July might be a bit optimistic; we shall see.

13 May Update: I might possibly have a publisher! A small outfit in the UK, but reasonably priced, and they appear to be very helpful to first-timers like myself.  And I remain 100% owner. very exciting!

6 May Update: The search continues, but I am running out of rocks to turn over. Starting to dig into the self-publishing now...

29 Apr Update: I'm contacting every agent I can find that a) sounds like a good fit for my story and b) is accepting submissions. So far only one callback, which turned out to be a publisher with a very well reported, bad reputation. I see a few consultancies that will help me through the process - for a price. A little nervous about that...

22 Apr Update: Done with the edits! Yeah! Now I just need to find an agent, or a publisher. Fingers crossed... 

16 Apr Update: Still staying on track. I should finish the edits next week. Then I can focus on finding a publisher (anybody good friends with a publisher? Wanna send the link to them?). If I don't have a good lead by June, I will see if I can figure the self-publishing route out. I am going to aim to have it available in some format by July at the very latest.

19 Mar Update: So far, so good. Still on track. As of now, the view count for chapter one is at forty-six,  999,954 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment