Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To our troops and their loved ones. Thank-you.

I was you-tube'ing the other day, and hit upon this video by Green Day...


Watching it reminded me of this video of a Marine's surprise homecoming...



There are hundreds, thousands of similar videos now, but that was the first one I saw.

I know many have publicly expressed thanks to the men and women of the armed forces, who place themselves in harm's way to protect and preserve the freedoms our ancestors gave their lives to establish.

And I echo those sentiments. Thank-you for all that you give, for the sacrifices you make.

I would also express my gratitude to their loved ones. To the Fathers, Mothers, Son,s Daughters, Wives, Husbands... To those who have sent their loved ones to dark places for my sake, thank-you. Thank-you for the many sacrifices you make.

And since I am a religious person, I would add my prayer that the leaders of countries might be guided by wisdom, to seek peace whenever possible, and to send your loved ones only as a last resort, and return them home again quickly and safely as possible.



And since I am not yet an exceptional christian, may your suffering and sorrow be answered on the heads of those who would cause your loved ones to go needlessly to war, or who would for selfish, reasons of personal or political gain, withhold the resources required for their speedy and safe success.

No comments:

Post a Comment