Saturday, July 30, 2011

Three Sisters - Part 4

Well,... I gave up on "Organic" this time around. The three sisters were being overrun by bugs. They were doing a number on the Zuchinni...

The corn was still keeping ahead, but...


I panicked and turned to chemical solutions. I sprayed the whole thing down with Sevin. That was about a week ago. It is looking much improved already...

Check out the Bean climbing the corn! How cool is that?!
I am looking into getting either a couple chickens or a couple ducks for next year. Hopefully they can manage the pests for me (With the possible added bonus of fresh eggs). I have been told ducks are less expensive to keep (Not to mention they look cooler). But I don't care for duck meat. Chicken on the other hand is quite tasty, but chickens are messier, and- I am told, more expensive. I have quite a few more months to do research. Opinions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment